Friday, January 1, 2010

Mountains and Molehills




It is new year's day and I just woke up in a new apartment. My first thought of the morning was, "I am warm." My second thought was, "It is quiet." Which was followed by a sigh of relief because this hasn't happened in quite awhile. For me, this move is another example of the power of perseverance. If things are bad, push forward until you can make them good. Like most people, this concept is a recurring theme in my life. It is also the reason I titled my blog, “The Little Engine That Could.” I hope this morning’s glee is an omen of more great things to come in 2010.


Notable Memories of the year 2009:


  1. I learned what it means to be self-employed.
  2. Had a life changing epiphany about choices and self control.
  3. Volunteered with a music therapist and spent time with an isolated senior citizen.
  4. Completed a 60 hour TEFL course. However, I didn't finish the other 40 hour course I signed up for. Oops.
  5. Got my first A+ on a university exam! I even studied while I was fishing ;)
  6. Reconnected with some old roots from home.
  7. Moved to Korea.
  8. Started a comfortable and secure job.
  9. Learned how to read Hangul and speak extremely basic Korean. I practiced on old boxes..
  10. Climbed the Great Wall of China!
  11. Sang my first karaoke.
  12. Visited my first temple.
  13. Went on a tour to the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea.
  14. Started Taekwondo for the second time.
  15. Ate my first and only bug.
  16. Met some incredible people.


I’m sure the list goes on but I suppose it’s time to start looking ahead and stop thinking about the past. Best wishes to you all for a happy and love filled year.


No comments:

Post a Comment