Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter Away



It is Easter Sunday and the weather is beautiful. To celebrate all things good, I went for a bike ride around town. Actually, my plan was to get OUT of town but this turned out to be much more difficult than I expected. I also didn’t anticipate the amount of construction and traffic lights that would interrupt my ride. I spent a good chunk of my adventure with one foot on the ground, and another chunk of it having starring contests with Koreans. Even though I won each stare down, I was irritated that they were gawking at me in the first place. Yes, I am foreign. Yes, I can ride a bike. Perhaps I sound like a jerk, but it isn’t fun being watched every day. Obviously today, I was feeling defiant.


On a brighter note, I spent some time investigating spring’s latest arrivals. It is really exciting watching flowers I’ve never seen before come into bloom. I also attended an Easter party at a friend’s house. We painted eggs and ate chocolate until we were all too tired to paint or eat anymore. I’m really happy someone took the initiative to make Easter special. I think a little home away from home was just what we all needed.


An Easter Haiku:


You are much sweeter,

than a bowl of mini eggs,

but both I can’t reach. ;P




No comments:

Post a Comment