Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Hot Cup of Choices


This week I have to decide if I want to sign another year contract or not. I have been flopping back and forth with my decision for quite some time. A part of me wants to stay and another part of me wants to leave. I feel like staying in Korea is a practical choice and that there has been no real reason to go home. I kept thinking to myself that life would be, “so much easier if I had a reason to return to Canada.”

Now it turns out, I may need to go home, and it’s ironically so much harder than staying put. It is all especially daunting since my decision is now partly based on a family member’s health. Of course, family is more important than anything else. It is amazing how trivial ones problems become when something of real significance actually presents itself. Or even the possibility of something significant presents itself! I don’t actually care about much other than this right now.


I will know by the end of the week, what my next move will be. Until then, I will probably occupy my mind with some sheet music and a good book. Hopefully this will make the time move faster and ease my anxiety. Everything works out the way it’s supposed to, right????


Today’s poem. I’ll stop doing this soon. Maybe.


You are a teacup,

and I’m your matching saucer.

Without you, I’m only a little plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment