Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Am the Party!


I know that not everyone loves birthdays, but I think they are wonderful! A birthday is an occasion to stop and give thanks to the people that make our lives special. Not everyone remembers to do this on a regular basis. We often don’t say the things we are thinking, because we foolishly believe there will be infinite chances to do so in the future. A birthday is an opportunity to reach out to others and to celebrate life.


Yesterday, I thought a lot about my own existence. A thought about being a little girl and what a little me would think about the life I’ve decided to live. Would a younger Diana admire the older Diana I’ve become? If I could do it again, would I choose a less convoluted path? Would I warn myself of the tribulations to come? After reading my birthday emails, I don’t think I would. I’ve met wonderful people all over the world because of the life I have chosen. Some of my biggest mistakes have rewarded me with the most precious gifts.


Thanks to all of you who helped make this weekend great. Thank-you for your emails, calls, and for drinking wine with me. And finally, thank-you for making my 27th year so pleasurable and my 28th so promising!



No comments:

Post a Comment